Here comes cooling season!
Monday, March 20th will mark the first day of spring! This means that air conditioning season is right around the corner, along with those scorching hot summer days. You need to be ready to keep yourself cool from the hot summer and ensure your home maintenance needs are up-kept. It’ll be here before you know it, here’s how you can prepare:
- Remove any condenser covers or lids and clean any built up debris in and around the system.
- If you decide to mulch the area during your spring cleaning around the house, be careful not to pack too much around the base of the unit to uphold efficiency.
- Change your indoor air filters!
- In the winter, your air filter can gather large amounts of debris and dust due to lack of circulation. Changing the filter before cooling season can help with seasonal allergies and asthma.
- Call your local heating and cooling company to schedule an annual clean and check.
- We here at RCM Heating & Cooling recommend yearly maintenance to maintain optimum efficiency and extend the life of your unit.
Call RCM Heating & Cooling at 815-485-6525 to schedule your air conditioning tune-up for the spring or if you have any
additional questions or concerns. Happy spring!