A Chilly Problem in the Winter Time- the Furnace Is Blowing Cold Air
Do you feel cold air blowing from your vents? Don’t panic yet! There may be a few ways to troubleshoot the problem before you need to call your local heating and cooling company.
- Check the air filter – Dirty air filters can restrict airflow to the furnace causing the burners to shut off, so it may be time to change your filter if it’s dirty.
- Check the thermostat – Make sure your thermostat is set to “auto” and not the “on” position. When the thermostat is switched to the “on” position it will continuously blow air, even when the furnace is not heating the air.
- Pilot light issues – The pilot light may have went out on your furnace.
- Lack of gas – Your gas supply could be turned off or there could be lack of gas reaching the furnace.
- Inadequate fuel source – Check either your electric panel or your gas valve, without fuel the furnace will not heat.