Where's the Cold Air?
Want to keep the air conditioner going? In the middle of a hot summer day, the last thing you need is more warm air in your home. There are a few possibilities of what may be causing your condenser to blow warm air into your home. Before calling your local heating and cooling company, check out these other options of what the problem may be:
- Check the Thermostat
- Check to see if you thermostat is set to "on" instead of "auto", "on" will cause the fan to continuously blow even if the unit isn’t producing cold air at the time
- Make sure the thermostat is set to "auto"
- Check to see that the air conditioner can communicate with the thermostat.
- Change Your Air Filter
- Your filter removes large dirt and particles from the air, but if your filter is in the system too long it can become clogged and restrict air flow
- Make sure to change your filter every couple of months
- Your air conditioner is only as good as it’s filters
- Check Your Condenser
- Build up of dirt on your coils can cause the unit to run less efficiently
- Get your air conditioning unit maintenance annually to prevent build up and help your system run more efficiently
If you like our post give us a like on FACEBOOK today!